Remove your ad
How to remove an ad
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Navigate to the Ads tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the ad that you want to remove.
- At the top of the ad statistics table, click the Edit drop-down menu.
- Select the Remove status in the drop-down menu to remove your ad.
Keep in mind
Once your ad is removed, you won't be able to recover it. However, you can still review the performance of your removed ad by selecting All ads from the All but removed ads drop-down menu that's above your graph.
How to remove multiple ads
If you want to make changes to multiple campaigns, ads, ad groups and more in bulk, you might want to use bulk uploads. With bulk uploads, you can download a spreadsheet, make changes offline, then upload it to have the changes take effect at the same time.
- Are you considering removing poorly performing ads? Follow our recommendations to make high-quality, relevant ads that will perform better and get you results.
- Try pausing your ads rather than removing them. You can experiment with different ad text, and you can compare how well your paused ads perform with your new ads.