Remove your ad
Just like fashions come and go, there may come a time when you'll want to retire one or more of your ads. So when the legwarmers you sell go out of style, for example, you can easily remove your ad for them by selecting the Ads tab and clicking the checkbox next to the ad. You'll then want to select Delete from the Change status drop-down menu above your ad statistics table.
How to remove your ad
You can remove your ad from the Ads tab within the Campaigns tab. Here's how:
- Sign in to your AdWords account at http://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Navigate to the Ads tab.
- Select the checkbox next to the ad that you want to remove.
- At the top of the ad statistics table, click the Change status drop-down menu.
- Select the Deletestatus in the drop-down menu to remove your ad.
Keep in mind
Once your ad is removed, you won't be able to recover it. However, you can still review the performance of your removed ad by selecting All ads from the All but deleted ads drop-down menu that's above your graph.
- Are you considering removing poorly performing ads? Follow our recommendations to make high-quality, relevant ads that will perform better and get you results.
- Try pausing your ads rather than removing them. You can experiment with different ad text, and you can compare how well your paused ads perform with your new ads.
- Find out how to review your ad's performance.