Fix a one-use credit card issue
A one-use credit card is a credit card number that can be used once and only for a limited time. It's commonly used as an alternative to credit cards when making online payments. Many banks offer this kind of credit card, in which you generate a one-off credit card number online.
Contact your bank to see if they offer this service. It can be a great alternative to a bank transfer because one-use credit card payments are almost instantly credited to your AdWords account, and your ads will start running almost immediately.
AdWords accepts one-use credit cards as long as they have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the gear icon and choose Billing & payments.
- Click the Make a payment button.
- Use the drop-down to select Add new credit or debit card , then enter your credit card information.
- Enter the amount you'd like to make a payment for, then click the Make payment button to review and finish your payment.
What to expect
When processing your payment, Google will test a £1 debit from the pre-selected credit limit to make sure that the one-use card works (you won't actually be charged for this). So when selecting your credit limit for this card, make sure that you add £1 to whatever amount you want to be charged. For example, if you want to charge £300 to your card, select £301 as the limit for your one-time-use card.
If your bank declines your manual payment, keep in mind that your one-use credit card number might have an expiry date. For all other payment declines, contact your local bank.