Fix a one-time-use credit card issue
A one-time-use credit card is a credit card number that can be used once and only for a limited time. It's commonly used as an alternative to credit cards when making online payments. Many banks offer this kind of credit card, in which you generate a one-time credit card number online.
Contact your bank to see if they offer this service. It can be a great alternative to a bank transfer because one-time-use credit card payments are almost instantly credited to your AdWords account, and your ads will start running almost immediately.
AdWords accepts one-time-use credit cards as long as they have a Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the gear icon and choose Billing & payments.
- Click the Make a payment button.
- Use the dropdown to select Add new credit or debit card , then enter your credit card information.
- Enter the amount you'd like to make a payment for, then click the Make payment button to review and finish your payment.
What to expect
When processing your payment, Google will test a $1 debit from the pre-selected credit limit to make sure the one-time-use card works (you won't actually be charged for this). So when selecting your credit limit for this card, be sure to add $1 to whatever amount you want charged. For example, if you want to charge $300 to your card, select $301 as the limit for your one-time-use card.
If your bank declines your manual payment, keep in mind that your one-time-use credit card number might have an expiration date. For all other payment declines, contact your local bank.