Choose your location and language settings
You can help ensure that your ads reach the customers you want. Use location and language settings to have your ads appear to customers in your targeted geographic locations, or to customers who have selected your targeted language as their interface language.
With your location settings, you can target the geographic areas where your ads can appear. For example, if you own an e-commerce store in the United States and you want to target the state of California, you can use your location settings to do just that.
Your language settings allow you to put your ads on Google products and third-party websites in the languages that your customers speak.
Let's say that you own a business in Norway and you've targeted your ads to the country of Norway, and set your target language to Norwegian. This means that your ads can appear on Google for customers in Norway who have set Norwegian as their interface language.
How to choose your location and language settings
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- In the left hand panel, click All online campaigns.
- Click the + Campaign button.
- You'll be taken to a page where you'll be able to update your campaign settings. Look for the section titled "Locations and Languages."
- To target locations, you have the option to:
- Select a location from the listed options...
- Or enter a location in the search box.
- To edit your target language, click Edit in the "Languages" section.
- Check the boxes next to the languages that you'd like to target.
- After you choose the rest of your campaign settings, click Save and continue.