View your cost and payment history
Your Transactions page is full of details about your advertising costs and payment information. There, you can:
- Print and download invoices
- Review your account's payment information
- View your campaign activity
Follow these steps to see your transaction history:
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click the gear icon and choose Billing & payments.
- From the menu on the left, click Transactions.
- If you use the monthly invoicing payment setting, you'll also have the option to click Invoices from the left menu.
Transactions are always shown in Pacific Time (PT), even if your account is set to a different time zone.
Your transactions page holds all your invoices and payment records. Find out how to print, export or download your invoices.Filter your information
You can filter your information based on what you'd like to see. Use the toolbar on the transaction history page to choose whether you'd like to see a Summary view or Detailed transaction view.
In both views, here's what you'll see:
- Starting balance: Your balance on the first day of the date range and on the first day of each following calendar month.
- Costs: The combined costs for all of your campaigns on a particular day.
- Payments: The amount of your payments and any adjustments applied to your account.
- Balance: The relationship between how much you've accrued in advertising costs and how much you've paid. Every amount in the Debits column increases your balance (meaning you owe more), while every amount in the Credits column decreases your balance (meaning you owe less). The balance represents the difference.
Click the links below to see more details about the two ways to view your transaction tables.
Summary viewDetailed view
In the "Summary" view, the information is grouped by transaction type so that you can see things like costs, payments and adjustments at a quick glance. Here are your filtering options:
- Costs: The money you owe from advertising activity.
- Payments: Any payments you've made to your AdWords account.
- Adjustments: Usually any credits applied to your account.
- Taxes: The applicable taxes or Value Added Tax that apply to your account.More filtering options
In "Detailed transaction" view, you can see your account billing activity organised by day. No line item will be shown for days on which no activity occurred. Here's what you'll see:
- Campaign activity: The number of billable clicks or impressions your campaigns accrued that day. Click the link to see the activity broken out by each campaign.
- Automatic payment scheduled: An automatic bank account payment will take place in the next few days. This status is shown only for accounts on automatic payments with a bank account assigned as the primary payment method. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as Automatic payment.
- In progress: A cost, payment or adjustment is underway. Once the payment has been completed, it'll show as Payment or Automatic payment.
- Payment: A payment you've initiated that's been applied to your account.
- Automatic payment: An automatic payment that has been applied to your account.
- Payment declined: A payment you attempted to make that wasn't successful because your bank declined the payment.
- Automatic payment declined: An automatic payment we attempted that wasn't successful - if your bank declined the payment, for example. This will only be shown for credit card declines. For direct debit declines, you'll see Automatic payment cancelled.
- Automatic payment cancelled: A direct debit payment initiated by Google that was cancelled by your bank. You'll see a corresponding Automatic payment line item where we first credit the money to your account. With the Automatic payment cancelled line item, we debit your account to balance out the payment that was initially credited to your account.
- Credit adjustment: For example, these include courtesy credits applied by an Online Strategist, or automated credits for overdelivery or invalid activity.
- Payment failed: This happens very rarely but it means that a payment you initiated failed on Google's side. Please try again later. If your payments keep failing, please contact support.
- Automatic payment failed: This happens very rarely but it means that a payment initiated by Google failed on our side. If this happens, we'll try to make the payment again.
- Payment refunded: A payment you initiated that was refunded back to your credit card or bank account.
- Filter by date range: Drop-down menu near the top of the page lets you adjust the time period of the information shown.
- Filter by transaction types: Choose an option from the toolbar to filter your information by all transactions, costs, earnings, payments, adjustments and taxes.
If you'd like to see your billing information organised by campaign, click any Campaign activity link in the table.
When you do, you'll see specific information about your campaigns. Expand the sections below to see what each field means.
Guide to campaign activity informationCustomise view
If you notice a discrepancy between the cost shown under the Campaigns tab and on your Billing pages, here's how to understand what it means.
The top of the page shows information that many advertisers like to check regularly, including:
- Budgets: The number of campaigns in your account that had activity.
- Clicks: The number of clicks your ads received.
- Served Cost: The total cost of all the clicks or impressions that your account received. An identical amount will appear on your Campaign Summary page for the same date range.
- Overdelivery Credit: The total amount in overdelivery credits applied to your account.
- Actual Cost: The served cost minus overdelivery credits.
- Budget Changes: The number of times a campaign budget was changed.
You'll see a table with your campaign activity and costs for the date range selected. These are the columns:
- Name: The name of the campaign.
- Budget: The campaign's budget amounts and the dates these amounts were changed (if applicable). This column will only appear if you click Show budget details.
- Activity: The number of billable clicks or impressions the campaign accrued. Campaigns with CPC bidding won't show impressions, and campaigns with CPM bidding won't show clicks, since you aren't charged for this kind of activity in these campaign types.
- Served Cost: The cost of all the clicks or impressions the campaign received. An identical amount will appear on your Campaign Summary page for the same date range
- Actual Cost: The served cost minus any overdelivery credits.
Use the fields at the top of the page to customise your campaign activity page. Here's how:
- Date range: Click the box under the date range to open a drop-down menu. You can choose one of the pre-defined date ranges, such as "Last month" or "Last quarter", or select Custom date range to set any range you like.
- Show budget details: Click this link to add a Budget column (showing your total daily budget for a given day) to the campaign activity table. Click Hide budget details to remove the column.