Where your ads can appear
When you advertise with AdWords, your ads can appear on different places across the web depending on how you target your ads, to whom you choose to show them, and the types of ads that you create.
This article describes where your ads can show and who might see them.
On Google Search and other search sites
Your ad can appear on Google when people look for the product or service you offer. When you create your ad, you'll choose a set of keywords – the words or phrases that will trigger your ad to show. Then, when people search using the words or phrases that you picked, your text ads can appear alongside or above search results.
- Google search sites: Ads can appear above or below search results on Google Search. They can appear beside, above, or below search results on Google Play, Google Shopping and Google Maps, including the Maps app.
- Google search partners: Ads might appear with search results on websites of Google search partners. For text ads, search partners include hundreds of non-Google websites, as well as Google Video, and other Google sites.
On websites that your customers visit
You can also choose to show your ads to people as they browse the web. Your text, image and video ads can appear on the Google Display Network.
The Display Network is a collection of websites – including specific Google websites like Google Finance, Gmail, Blogger and YouTube – that show AdWords ads. This network also includes mobile sites and apps.
If you've ever seen an AdWords ad on your favourite news site or in your Gmail account and wondered how it got there, now you know: websites like these are part of the Google Display Network.
Your ads can appear on websites based on the targeting methods that you choose. On the Display Network, there are several ways to target your ads:
- Choose keywords and topics related to what your offer
- Choose specific websites or pages
- Choose specific audiences based on their interests, demographics or whether they've visited your website before.
Learn more about where ads might appear on the Display Network.
On different devices
You can show your ads to people as they search or visit websites on the move:
- Your text ads can appear when people search on Google from their mobile devices and tablets.
- Your text, image and video ads can appear on Google Display Network websites when people visit these sites from high-end mobile devices, such as iPhones, Android devices or tablets.
- Your ads can also appear on mobile apps, which are considered part of our Display Network.
In selected locations or languages
If you have text ads, you can choose to show them to customers in an entire country, a certain geographic location and even to customers who use names of locations in their searches.
To reach better your potential customers, you can also target your campaigns to the languages that they speak. And if your customers speak multiple languages, you can create separate campaigns to manage ads and keywords for each of those languages.