Google provides translated versions of our Help Centre, though they are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version is the official language that we use to enforce our policies. To view this article in a different language, use the language drop-down at the bottom of the page.
In January, 2021, Google updated its advertiser identity verification policy with additional information regarding the use of advertisers’ information. This includes the following:
- The information advertisers provide during the verification process, which will be used to:
- Verify the advertiser’s identity
- Show a disclosure including the advertiser’s name, or the name of the business that they represent, and location, linked from any ads that they run
- As Google expands its transparency efforts, we may make information about an advertiser’s Google Ads account and ad campaigns publicly available, including:
- Advertiser name change history
- Ad creatives
- Dates and locations ads served
- Ads removed or accounts suspended for legal or policy reasons
- Business contact information
Personal contact information, phone numbers or email addresses will not be published.
(Posted January 2021)