Google provides translated versions of our Help Centre as a convenience, though they are not meant to change the content of our policies. The English version is the official language we use to enforce our policies. To view this article in a different language, use the language drop-down at the bottom of the page.
In January, 2021, Google updated its advertiser identity verification policy with additional information regarding the use of advertisers’ information. This includes the following:
- The information advertisers provide during the verification process, which will be used to:
- Verify the advertiser’s identity
- Show a disclosure including the advertiser’s name, or the name of the business that they represent, and location, linked from any ads that they run
- As Google expands its transparency efforts, we may make information about an advertiser’s Google Ads account and ad campaigns publicly available, including:
- Advertiser name change history
- Ad creatives
- Dates and locations ads served
- Ads removed or accounts suspended for legal or policy reasons
- Business contact information
Personal contact information, phone numbers or email addresses will not be published.
(Posted January 2021)