H5 Games Ads let you grow your earnings by showing ads in your HTML5 (H5) games. H5 games can run in web browsers and also in WebViews on native apps. H5 Games Ads use the new H5 Games Ad Placement API. After you integrate the API into your H5 games, we show ads at the best moments for your users.
H5 Games Ads offer:
- Interstitials: Full-screen ads that are displayed at natural breaks in your game, such as between levels. Users can choose to either click these ads or return to your game.
- Rewarded: Ads that users can choose to interact with in exchange for in-game rewards.
- H5 Games Ads use the AdSense code which means you can use the same ad code for your game ads and content ads.
- H5 Games Ads support embedding your game into a web page directly, as well as iframing your game into a different site.
- H5 Games Ads also support app integration with AdMob, so that you can monetize your game with app ads when your H5 game is hosted in the webview of a mobile app (Android support only).
With H5 Games Ads, your games will be able to show ads on your site, on a webpage, or within an app WebView—all from a single API.
How it works
To show ads in your H5 game, you need to:
- Integrate the Ad Placement API into your game. See: Get started with the Ad Placement API.
- If your game is played in a mobile app, we recommend you set up your AdMob account for optimal user experience and performance.
Important: When you design your game to be embedded within an app and you own the app, or are entering into a revenue share agreement with the owner of the app, then the only way to do this in a high-performing and policy compliant way is to use this AdMob support for mobile apps.
- Add the AdSense code to your game page.