Ads for games offers:
- Interstitials: Full-screen ads that are displayed at natural transition points in your game, such as between levels. Users can choose to either click these ads or return to your game.
- Rewarded: Rewarded ads are ads that users can choose to interact with in exchange for in-game rewards.
Manual ad placement
- You control where ads might appear in your games. Google then determines exactly when to show them so they perform well for you and provide a good experience for your users.
- Ads for games uses the AdSense code which means you can use the same ad code for your game ads and content ads.
- Ads for games supports iframing your game into your site, as well as embedding your game code directly into a web page.
- Ads for games also supports app integration with AdMob, so that you can monetize your game with app ads when your H5 game is hosted in the webview of a mobile app (Android support only).
With Ads for games, your games will be able to show ads on your site, on a webpage, or within an app WebView - all from a single API.
How it works
To show ads in your H5 game, you need to:
- Integrate the Ad Placement API into your game. See: Get started with the Ad Placement API.
- If your game is played in a mobile app, we recommend you set up your AdMob account for optimal user experience and performance.
Important: When you design your game to be embedded within an app and you own the app, or are entering into a revenue share agreement with the owner of the app, then the only way to do this in a high-performing and policy compliant way is to use this AdMob support for mobile apps.
- Add the AdSense code to your game page.