To help you comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), we've integrated a CCPA privacy messaging tool into AdSense. You can use this messaging tool to display a CCPA privacy message on your site that gives users the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. The messaging tool uses Google's Funding Choices.
The first time that you turn on the CCPA privacy message in AdSense, we'll automatically create a Funding Choices account for you. This lets you use the AdSense code that's already on your site to show your message. You don't need to add any extra code.
The privacy message that you create in AdSense gives users the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by showing them a 'Do Not Sell My Personal Information' link. After the user makes their choice, the privacy message automatically communicates their opt-out status to Google ad tags using the IAB CCPA framework. Learn more about how California opt-out messages work in Funding Choices.
- Your privacy message will override the global CCPA setting on your California Consumer Privacy Act page. For example, if you've already selected the 'Restrict data processing' setting, then your site will show personalised ads if the user agrees to the sale of their personal information.
- If you choose to turn on the privacy message and override your 'Restrict data processing' setting, then you won't be able to customise the list of advertising partners. The sites for which you've set up the override will always use the default list of advertising partners.
Make sure that you've placed the AdSense code on your site.
- The text of the privacy message will be in English.
- The privacy message doesn't support Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). If you turn on this feature it displays a privacy message on your site; it does not show a message on the AMP version of your site.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads Overview.
- In the table of all your sites, click Edit next to your site.
Your site opens in the ad settings preview.
- Click More features.
- Turn on CCPA privacy message.
- (Optional) Click Show privacy message to see how your privacy message will appear on your site.Tip: You can click the buttons in the preview to explore your privacy message.
- Click Confirm.
We automatically create a Funding Choices account for you.
- Click Apply to site.
Your privacy message will appear to your site's visitors within a few minutes.
We recommend that you use the default wording that Google provides in the privacy message in AdSense. However, if you have specific requirements that you can customise the privacy message in your Funding Choices account.
When you sign in to Funding Choices, it either opens to the message editor (if you have one site) or the 'Sites' page (if you have more than one site). You can then follow these steps to edit your privacy message.
If you selected the 'Don’t restrict data processing' CCPA setting, you can customise the list of advertising partners that are eligible to receive bid requests for users Google determines are in California. Follow these steps to specify advertising partners.