Changing your account time zone allows you to view your reports in a time zone that's more relevant to you. Just one of the benefits to changing your time zone is that your weekend reports are no longer skewed by traffic from Fridays or Mondays. Even after you’ve changed your time zone, you can still view your reports in the billing time zone, i.e. United States Pacific Time (PST), by switching time zone in the date range selector.
Before you change your account time zone
Some things that you should be aware of when changing your time zone:
- Changing the time zone of your reports only affects data from the time that you make the change, and isn't applied retrospectively. For example, let's say you change your time zone on 3 April, and later run an account time zone report from 1 April to 5 April. All of the data in your report from before the point when you changed your time zone on 3 April will be in PST, while the data after that point will be aggregated in your selected account time zone.
- When viewing reports in the account time zone that include the day on which you changed your time zone, you might see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This is caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. This doesn't affect your payments in any way, and any anomaly that you see will only appear in your reports. Note that you won't see any anomaly when viewing reports in the billing time zone (PST).
- Your existing saved and scheduled reports will automatically be migrated to the new time zone. From this point on, any new saved or scheduled reports that you create will adopt the time zone that’s being used to view the report at the time that it’s saved.
- The reports on your Home page will always be shown in your account time zone.
- Your payments won't show a different time zone. Payments will always be calculated using PST.
Change your account time zone
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Account.
- In the 'Account information' section, click the Down arrow next to 'Time zone'.
- Select your time zone from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
Tip: Now, when viewing your reports, you’ll see an option in your report settings to switch between your account time zone and the AdSense billing time zone, i.e. PST/PDT.
Switch between time zones in a report
- While viewing your report, click Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Time zone.
- Choose either Account time zone or Billing time zone from the drop-down list.