Auto ads for AMP automatically place AdSense Auto ads on your AMP pages. After you've added the AMP auto script and ad code, Google will automatically show ads on your AMP pages at optimal times when they're likely to perform well and provide a good experience.
Before you get started
- Make your pages discoverable with
<link>tags to pair non-AMP and AMP content.
Let's say you have a site example.com and you host the AMP versions of each page under example.com/amp/. You'd add
<link> tags in the
<head> of each AMP and non-AMP page to indicate which content belongs together.
In the non-AMP example.com/news page:
<link rel="amphtml" href="http://example.com/amp/news">
In the AMP example.com/amp/news page:
<link rel="canonical" href="http://example.com/news">
Set up Auto ads for AMP
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads.
- Click Got an AMP site?
- On the "Auto ads for AMP" page, turn on Auto ads for AMP.
- (Optional) In the "Ad formats" section, turn off any ad formats that you'd prefer not to show on your AMP site. Learn more about ad format settings.
- Click Get AMP code.
- Copy and paste the script between the
<head></head>tags of your page.
This script loads the required
amp-auto-adslibraries. Learn more about the
- Copy and paste the AMP Auto ad code immediately after the opening
<body>tag of the pages you want ads to appear.
- Click Done.
- Click Apply. It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page.
On your Ads page, it now says "AMP is on".
Tracking the performance of Auto ads for AMP
To track the performance of your Auto ads for AMP:
- Visit your Reports page, create a custom report and add the "Content platform" breakdown.