Set up Auto ads on your site
To set up Auto ads, you need to choose your ad settings and copy and paste the AdSense code across all the pages of your site.
Before you start
Make sure your site is listed on your Ads page. If not, you'll need to add the site to your sites list before you set up Auto ads.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads Overview.
- In the table of all your sites, click Edit next to your site. Your site opens in the ad settings preview.
Tip: You can use the preview to try out different ad settings before your Auto ads go live.
- Under "Site settings", turn on Auto ads.
- (Optional) Turn on Optimize your existing ad units? if you're interested in letting Google optimize your existing ad units and your Auto ads together and place ads in the best performing ad placements.
Note: This setting in not currently active. Turning on this setting means you're happy for Google to optimize your existing ad units in the future.
- (Optional) Click Ad formats to turn off in-page and overlay ads, or to turn on Matched content on your pages. Learn more about the Ad format and Matched content settings.
- (Optional) Click Ad load and use the slider to control the number of ads you show on your pages. Learn how to choose the ad load for your Auto ads.
- (Optional) In the "Page exclusions" section, click Manage to exclude specific pages from showing Auto ads.
- Click Apply to site.
Note: Make sure you've placed the AdSense code on every page across your site. It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details.
You can track the performance of the Auto ads on your site by visiting the Ads Overview page and clicking View report next to your site.