Ad code implementation
New Auto ads features
We're committed to continuously investing in the modernization of our advertising products. As a result, there are some important changes we're making to Auto ads. From September 17, 2019, we'll start updating AdSense accounts with the new version of Auto ads. When the update occurs, you'll see the following changes to your Ads page.
- We've added an overview page to help you manage your inventory. On the overview you can set up Auto ads for each of your sites and see a summary of your Auto ads settings.
Ad settings preview
- We've added a preview so can now see how Auto ads will look on your site before they go live. You can use the ads settings preview to try out different settings and remove Auto ads from an area of your site where you don't want ads.
We've added the following new controls to help you customize your Auto ads settings:
- Ad load gives you control over the number of Auto ads you show on your pages. Learn more
- Page exclusions let you stop Auto ads appearing on specific pages or sections of your site, like your homepage for example. Learn more
- We've simplified our in-page ad formats. You no longer have to choose which individual formats you want to show. We'll automatically show the optimal in-page format for your site based on the settings you choose. Overlay ad formats (anchors, vignettes, etc.) and Matched content work the same way as before.
More powerful ad unit code
- Auto ads now works through any ad code. If you’ve turned on Auto ads for a site, even pages that only contain regular ad units will start showing Auto ads on that site automatically. Learn more about this feature and the limitations of Auto ads and ad unit code.
- We’ve updated reporting so that you can see the performance of Auto ads and manual ad units side by side for each of your sites. Learn how to track the performance of Auto ads.