Ad code implementation
How to set up Auto ads
To set up Auto ads, you first choose which ad formats you'd like to show across your pages. These will be your "global settings". You then copy and paste the ad code on each page that you want Auto ads to appear. After you've done this, you can choose to show different ad formats on some of your pages by creating a URL group.
If you chose the "Show ads as soon as my account is activated" option when you connected your site to AdSense, then we've already set up Auto ads for you. To change your global settings, visit your Auto ads page and click edit .
To set up Auto ads, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click My ads.
- Click Auto ads.
- On the "Choose your global settings" page, use the controls to select the ad formats that you'd like to show.
- Leave Automatically get new formats selected if you want AdSense to automatically add new ad formats to your global settings as they become available.
- Click Save.
- On the "Place code on your page" page, click Copy code.
- Paste the ad code between the
</head>tags of each page where you want to show Auto ads. If you're not sure how to do this, see our Code implementation guide.WordPress user? Get help with adding AdSense code.Note that you only need to do this once per page. The ad code is the same for every page on every site where you want to show Auto ads. After you've pasted the ad code, you can still make changes to your Auto ads settings at any time without having to change the ad code.
- Click Done.
Auto ads will start to appear on your pages in about 10-20 minutes.
Tracking the performance of Auto ads
You can track the performance of your Auto ads by viewing the Ad formats report on your Performance reports page. Auto ads are shown under ad format labels ("Anchor", "Vignettes", etc.) in the report.