To receive payments by EFT, you need to verify your bank account using a test deposit. A test deposit is a small amount (less than $1) sent by Google to "test" your bank account. We do this to make sure that when we send your actual payment, we send it to the correct bank account. You can check if you've received it by accessing your bank statement or asking your local bank.
After you receive your test deposit, follow these steps to verify your bank account:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Payments.
You'll see a red alert in your AdSense account.
- Click Manage payment methods.
- Click Verify now.
- In the drop-down menu, select the test deposit amount that you received in your bank statement.
- Click Verify. If the amounts match, your bank account is verified.
You're now set up to receive your AdSense payments by EFT.
- Contact your bank to make sure you have the correct bank account details.
- Add a new payment method with your updated bank account details, set it as your primary payment method, and wait for your test deposit.
- Remove your old payment details.
Test deposit FAQs
Is there any way to verify my bank account without a test deposit?
Where can I find my test deposit?
Depending on which country your bank is located in, the test deposit will appear in your bank account under one of following labels:
- AFS RE GOOGLE
- AFS RE GOOGLE ADSENSE
- ARVATO FINANCE SERVICES LIMITED
- BFS FINANCE LTD
- CITIBANK IRELAND FINANCIAL SERVICES
- Google AdSense Payment
I received a test a deposit but I still can’t verify my bank account. What should I do?
If you received your test deposit but haven't been able to successfully verify your bank account, here's what might have happened:
- Your bank applied a commission to your test deposit so the amount we sent you is not the same as the amount you received. Please contact your bank to confirm the exact test deposit you received before the commission was applied, and then enter the amount in your AdSense account.
- You attempted to enter your test deposit the maximum of three times and you've been blocked from entering it again. Please contact AdSense support who will be able to help you resolve this.