Make sure that your site's pages are ready for AdSense
For your site to succeed with AdSense, it should have unique content that's relevant to your visitors and provides a great user experience. Before you sign up for AdSense, we recommend that you review your pages to ensure that they're in good shape.
What's special about your pages?
With lots of sites out there already, you’ll want to create unique, original and relevant content that keeps users engaged and encourages them to read more.
- Consider the arrangement of the elements (text, images, etc.) on your pages. Your layout should look inviting and visitors should be able to easily find what they're looking for. Check out our user experience guidelines for tips on how to best organise your site.
- Consider providing a comment section for your visitors. Feedback from users who've used your site and read your content can really help you to improve your site as it grows.
Do your pages have clear, easy-to-use navigation?
An accessible, easy-to-use navigation bar (or menu bar) is a key part of providing a good user experience. When building your navigation bar, consider:
- Alignment – are all the elements lined up correctly?
- Readability – is the text easy to read?
- Functionality – do your drop-down lists work correctly?
For a travel site, your navigation bar might look like this:
-> Homepage <> Destinations <> Gallery <> Reviews <> About us
For a computer programming site, your navigation bar might look like this:
Ultimately, your navigation bar should help users quickly understand how to interact with your site. For more information, see our user experience guidelines on employing a clear structure to guide users.
Do your pages have unique and interesting content?
Valuable and original content is paramount to building a strong and loyal user base. When users enjoy your content, they share the experience with others, and this in turn helps you to grow your site.
You should take care when using external resources such as articles on other sites or embedded videos. It's really important that you contribute your own original content, whether it's specialist knowledge, improvement ideas, reviews or your personal thoughts. As stated in the Google Publisher Policies, Google ads may not be placed on sites with scraped or copyrighted content. This is a policy violation and could lead to you having your ads disabled or your account closed.
For more information on good practices for your site, see the Webmaster quality guidelines.
Ready for AdSense?
When you're happy with your answers to these questions, you can sign up for AdSense.