Ad code implementation
About the Matched content feature
Matched content is a free recommendation tool that offers you a simple way to promote your content to your site visitors. By offering your readers more content that's relevant to them, you can increase your site's page views, the time spent on your site, reader loyalty, ad impressions, and ultimately ad revenue.
Matched content recommendations are based on topic similarity and are personalized for the reader. Our experiments show that on average Matched Content recommendations increase the number of pages viewed by 9% and the time spent on site by 10%. See this Inside AdSense blog post for more information: Matched content: designed to engage your users and increase visitor duration.
With Matched content units, you choose the pages where you'd like the recommendations to appear, then AdSense promotes the articles on your site that are most relevant to the readers of those pages. In addition, depending on your site, you may also be able to show ads in between your recommendations. This way you can further monetize your site.
Some important things to know about Matched content units:
- They bring relevant content to the attention of your users, which can help increase page views and time on site.
- You can place Matched content units on any of the pages on your eligible sites.
- Recommendations are within-site, for example, if you have two sites abc.com and xyz.com, then the recommendations we generate for each site will be internal to that site. Note that we only generate recommendations from pages that have Google ads or Matched content units on them.
- These units work on mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- For sites where the majority of articles don't have an image, Matched content units will display in a text-only format.
- Ads are only available for sites that can be well monetized.
- The AdSense program policies still apply to pages containing Matched content units.
- They are not eligible for use in experiments.
The Matched content feature is available to select publishers. To be eligible, you must have a site that meets our minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages. We've put these requirements in place to ensure that Matched content provides a great experience for your visitors. Check the My ads page in your Adsense account to see if you're able to create Matched content units.
Depending on your site, your eligibility will be one of the following:
|Eligibility||What it means|
|Not currently eligible to use Matched content||Your site doesn't yet meet our minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages.|
|Eligible to use Matched content||Your site meets our minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages.|
|Eligible to use Matched content and show ads in between recommendations||Your site meets our minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages, and it can be well monetized.|