AdSense Plugin for WordPress
The AdSense Plugin for WordPress has gone away
We frequently review our products and features to ensure they're providing maximum value to our users. After reviewing the AdSense Plugin for WordPress, we decided that we could better support WordPress publishers through new innovative features like our automatic ad formats and other upcoming initiatives. As a result, we deprecated the AdSense Plugin for WordPress in May, 2017.
- Early March, 2017: New publishers will not be able to sign up for AdSense by using the plugin.
- Early April, 2017: Existing publishers will not be able to change their ad settings or ad units through the plugin.
- Early May, 2017: Google will no longer provide support for the plugin.
Guidance for affected publishers
For a better user experience on your site and to be able to make changes to your ad units, we recommend you follow these steps:
- Back up your WordPress site.
- Deactivate the official AdSense Plugin for WordPress.
- Create and place ad units by inserting the ad code in WordPress widgets:
- (Optional) To keep using the Google Search Console, make sure you verify your site.