About the AdSense Direct feature
AdSense Direct is a new way for you, as a publisher, to sell your ad inventory. You can now sell a specific ad unit on any of your sites, to an advertiser who you already have direct contact with, on a cost-per-day basis for 100% of your impressions. AdSense Direct gives you a quick and simple way of setting up a campaign for an advertiser.
Key features of AdSense Direct include:
- Easy workflow - create and manage campaigns from the My ads tab in your account
- No change required to the ad code on your website
- Earnings paid out as part of your regular AdSense payments
- Simple contracting - no need for a separate contract, both you and the advertiser contract with Google.
- Built in invoicing and billing through Google Wallet
- Google ad review to ensure that your visitors stay safe from malware.
Frequently asked questions
How does the AdSense Direct feature work in conjunction with the regular AdSense program?
How much does Google charge for an AdSense Direct campaign?
Does the ad unit in an AdSense Direct campaign count as an additional ad unit on top of the existing limit of three AdSense for content ad units per page?
Are there any ad units that can’t be used in AdSense Direct campaigns?
- Idle ad units
- Hidden ad units
- Responsive ad units
- Ad units that are already being used in experiments
- Ad units that are already being used in another AdSense Direct campaign.
How many AdSense Direct campaigns can I have running at once?
You can have as many AdSense Direct campaigns running simultaneously as you like, but each ad unit in your account can only have one campaign running on it for every site that it’s used on. For example, let’s say you have two ad units, “728x90” and “300x600”, and you’ve placed “728x90” on your main site and “300x600” on your main site plus a second site. You can have a maximum of three campaigns running at the same time, two campaigns on your main site and one campaign on the second site.
What kind of ads are supported, and what are the policies around them?
Does an AdSense Direct campaign have to serve a minimum number of impressions? Or is there a maximum number of impressions that can be served during an AdSense Direct campaign?
The advertiser and I are in different time zones. Which time zone will be used to calculate the exact start time and finish time for our campaign?
If I negotiate a long term contract with an advertiser, what role does Google play, and what fee do I pay to Google?
When will AdSense Direct be available in my country?