Activating your AdSense account
Phone number verification FAQs
Why Google asks for your phone number to verify your AdSense account
In an effort to protect our users from abuse, we sometimes ask users to prove they’re not a robot before they're able to create or sign in to accounts. Having this additional confirmation via phone is an effective way to keep spammers from abusing our systems. The following FAQs refer to a phone number collected when you sign up for an AdSense account.
Frequently asked questionsHow to write your phone number
Enter your phone number for verification using the E.164 format
- If you’ve been using a mobile phone, then you could try using a fixed line phone or vice versa.
- Confirm that you can receive calls or text messages from other people on your phone.
- If you’re using a mobile phone, make sure that it has a strong signal at the same time as attempting the verification (sending an SMS while your mobile is out of range and then going into range can sometimes cause an SMS not to be delivered).
- Try verifying your phone number on another day - telecoms network faults that might have cause problems with SMS and voice call transmission might now be resolved.
- Try a different supported carrier.