You can add a Google-powered search engine to your site that shows ads with search results. To add a search engine, you first generate the search box code in your AdSense account and then copy and paste that code into the HTML of your pages.
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Ads.
- Click By ad unit.
- Click Search engine.
Note: If you don't see the Search engine option, you're not eligible.
- Give your search engine a name.
- Choose whether you want your search engine to search the entire web, or only specific sites you list.
- If you want to earn through showing search ads, turn on Make money from ads placed into the search results.
- Click Create.
- Copy and paste the code in between the
<body/>tags of your pages where you want the search box to appear.
- Click Done.
Track the performance of your search engine
You can track earnings made through searches on your site by setting up a custom channel for your search engine. Learn more about custom channels.
If you'd like more customization options for your search engine, you can access the advanced features provided by Programmable Search Engine. For example, you can use these options to change the look and feel of your search engine. Learn more about Advanced Programmable Search Engine features.