You can opt out of showing ads that are based on users’ interests, demographics, and Google Account information.
What happens when you opt out
- Google won’t use visitation information from your site to help infer interests and demographics
- Google won’t add visitation information from your site to users' Google Accounts.
- Ads you've blocked by category, by advertiser URL, or using the Ad review center won’t appear to users through user-based advertising.
- The opt out only applies to AdSense for content.
- You might decrease the number of ads competing to appear on your site, which may decrease your potential earnings.
You can’t opt out of showing ads to users based on their previous interactions with the advertiser, such as visits to an advertiser's website, known as remarketing.
Steps to opt out of showing user-based ads
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Blocking controls All sites Ad serving.
- Under "Personalized ads", use the control to opt out of user-based ads.