Contracting entity is Google LLC


If your contracting entity is Google LLC, then in accordance with the terms of your agreement with Google, you should not be required to invoice us for VAT. Please speak to your local tax advisors if you have further questions.

However, if your local government requires you to send a VAT invoice, you may send it to the address below. Please be aware that we do not process all invoices.

Google LLC
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA
United States

For your reference, our VAT number is EU372000041.

Please review the information below for more information about providing tax information to Google.

Do you withhold taxes?
Which tax form should I fill in?
Will you send me a Form 1099 or 1042-S?
What if I don't have a tax ID?
What is an EIN and do I need one?

Do you withhold taxes?

We rarely withhold United States federal tax from Google AdSense payments. However, we may be required to withhold up to 30% from publishers in these situations:

  • if you are subject to back-up withholding as declared on Form W-9
  • if you do not fill in Section 10 on Form W-8BEN with a treaty number and 0% and do not provide a United States TIN in Part 1 Box 6
  • if the tax information entered on your tax form is found to be incorrect or inaccurate

If you've had earnings withheld from a payment, it's because our records indicated that you were subject to tax withholding at the time of payment. In this case, you'll see a line item for tax withholding on the Payments page of your account.

If you don't believe that you're subject to tax withholding, please update the tax information in your account. Once you update your information to indicate that you're not subject to withholding, we won't withhold any portion of your AdSense earnings going forward.

Please note that we're unable to credit you for past withholdings; these are paid to the IRS directly as a payment towards your US Federal taxes. The amount will be reflected in the Form 1099 or 1042-S that will be sent to you in the first quarter of next year. If you're not subject to US Federal taxes, please contact the IRS directly to receive a refund.

Which tax form should I fill in?

Unfortunately, we're unable to indicate which form is applicable for you, as we're unable to provide tax advice.

However, we have provided a tax wizard within your account, which will help guide you to the form that's appropriate to your particular situation. You can find it on the Tax Information page. If the wizard doesn't help, please consult your tax advisor or the IRS for tax advice. If your country has additional tax requirements, you might also want to contact your local tax authorities for this information.

Please note that not all publishers are required to provide tax information to Google. Information about the particular requirements in your situation can be found on the Tax Information page in your account.

Will you send me a Form 1099 or 1042-S?

Publishers are responsible for paying their own taxes resulting from participation in Google AdSense. In order to facilitate this, we send IRS forms 1099 and 1042-S to qualifying publishers as required by US tax law. Forms will be sent before the end of January following the close of a tax year.

We will send a Form 1099 to you and the IRS if:

  • You submitted a Form W-9, are not a corporation and were paid at least US $600 in a calendar tax year OR
  • You indicated that you are subject to backup withholding and had taxes withheld

We will send a Form 1042-S to you and the IRS if:

  • You submitted one of the Form W-8s

We will not send you any forms or report your earnings to the IRS if:

  • You have signed the declaration of No US Activities OR
  • You have NO earnings from the AdSense programme OR
  • You have submitted a Form W-9 as a corporation and did not have any taxes withheld OR
  • You have submitted a Form W-9, made less than $600 and did not have any taxes withheld

For those publishers whose earnings are reported, please note that only payments dated in 2017 will be reported in 2017. This means that unpaid earnings from 2017 that are rolled over to 2018 will not be included. For example, December 2017 earnings which are paid in January 2018 will not be included as earnings for 2017.

Effective 1/10/2017, Google Inc. converted from a corporation to a single member Limited Liability Company operating as “Google LLC” and is classified as a disregarded entity for federal filing purposes with XXVI Holdings Inc. as the sole member corporation. As a result, although “Google LLC” will continue to be the payor/withholding agent, the Forms 1099 and 1042-S will reflect the name and federal employer identification number (“FEIN”) of the member corporation. “XXVI Holdings Inc.” will be listed in the payor/withholding agent box of the Forms 1099 and 1042-S, and its FEIN will be listed in the applicable FEIN box. As a result, the forms should reflect the following:

XXVI Holdings Inc.
Google LLC
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA
FEIN: 82-2182297

If you’d like to request a copy, submit a revision or void a year-end tax form, please complete a year-end tax form request.

Please note that year-end tax form requests (1099-MISC or 1099-K for US based persons/entities) for the most recently completed tax year will not be accepted if submitted before 5 February of the current year. Year-end tax form requests for 1042-S (for non-US based persons/entities) will not be accepted if submitted before 15 March. You may request revisions or copies of year-end tax forms for historical years at any time by submitting a year-end tax form request.

What if I don't have a tax ID?

If you are a US business or individual, or a non-US business with US Activities and you do not have a tax ID such as a Taxpayer Identification Number or Social Security Number, you'll need to acquire one. We suggest that you obtain your TIN as soon as possible. Please note that the process of obtaining a TIN may take several weeks. You can visit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website for more information on obtaining a US TIN: IRS information page.

You may not be required to submit a US tax ID if you do not have US Activities and you certify this by submitting the 'Certification of No US Activities' form. If you are resident in the US you cannot declare 'No US Activities'. Learn more about US Activities.

What is an EIN and do I need one?

Publishers holding business accounts may be required to provide an Employer Identification Number for tax purposes. To find out whether you need an EIN, please visit the IRS website at

There are 3 ways to get an EIN:

Please make sure that you choose the correct contracting entity for your account. How do I find my contracting entity?
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?