Stay compliant with our policies
To participate in AdSense and to keep your account in good standing, you'll need to learn and follow our programme policies. We've highlighted a few policies below, but this is only a brief overview, so make sure that you read the full list of policies.
- Don't click your own ads.
- Don't ask others to click your ads.
- Don't include any prohibited site content, including adult content, violence or excessive profanity, drugs (including alcohol and tobacco) or copyrighted material.
- Don't modify the AdSense code.
- Do follow our Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
- Do provide a good user experience.
- Don't place more ads than content on any page.
- Don't place images near ads in a way that may mislead users into thinking that the images are associated with the ads.
Your all-in-one policy compliance guide
You can also read this guide that we've put together to help you understand the whats and whys of our policies for content and layout. Download guide
If you're ever worried that you might be violating policies, there's no need to email us to ask. We're constantly monitoring sites displaying the AdSense code and will contact you if we notice any problems with the way in which you've implemented the ads.
You can also help us maintain the quality of the AdSense network by sending us a report if you happen to notice a site that is violating Google AdSense programme policies.