Search for Auto ads is an easy-to-deploy search box that will be added to your site. With this tool, users are given access to a Google-powered search experience that shows site search results and AdSense for Search ads.
How search for Auto ads works
- When you turn on this Lab, AdSense will experiment with placing a search box on eligible sites.
- When users open the search box, they're taken to a Google-powered search experience that shows ads and site search results.
- The search engine will automatically generate the site search results.
How you earn from search for Auto ads
Search for Auto ads is an optional feature that displays AdSense for Search ads with 51% revenue share for ad clicks. This may differ from the revenue share you receive via AdSense for Content. Earnings you generate from search for Auto ads will appear as a separate line item in your regular AdSense for Content payments.
Do I need to have Auto ads turned on?
No. You don't need to have Auto ads turned on for search for Auto ads to work.
How do I turn on the Lab?
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- Click Optimization Labs.
- Under "Available Labs", turn on Search for Auto ads.
- Confirm you've read and agree to the Terms of Service.
Can I change the look and feel of search for Auto ads?
Yes. You can change the position and color of the search button. To change your settings:
- Visit the Optimization Labs page in your account.
- Under "Enabled Labs", find the "Search for Auto ads" Lab and click Settings.
- In the "Search for Auto ads settings" page, select your button position and button color.
- Click Apply.
What does search for Auto ads look like?
Here are some example images showing the search for Auto ads experience. These examples use the default black button background color and white button icon color.
Bottom position on mobile and desktop:
Top position on mobile and desktop:
How do I turn off the Lab?
Visit the Optimization Labs page in your account, and turn off Search for Auto ads.
Can I provide feedback on search for Auto ads?
Yes. You can provide feedback via the Lab.