You can't stop getting ads online, but you can remove some unwanted ads. You can also stop getting ads that are based on your interests and info.
Stop pop-up ads
Blocking an ad stops you from seeing ads from that advertiser. If an advertiser has multiple websites, you might have to block several ads.
Learn how to get your ad preferences on all your devices.
On Google services
Next to an ad:
- On Google Search on your phone or tablet, tap Info Why this ad. Turn off Show ads from [advertiser].
- On YouTube, select Info Stop seeing this ad.
- On Gmail, select Info Control ads like this Block this advertiser.
On websites & apps that partner with Google to show ads
- At the top right of an ad, select Remove Stop seeing this ad.
- At the top right of an ad, select Remove Report this ad.
- You can also let us know about ads that violate our policies.
- Go to the Ad Settings page.
- Choose where you want the change to apply:
- On all devices where you’re signed in: If you aren't signed in, at the top right, select Sign in. Follow the steps.
- On your current device or browser: Stay signed out.
- Turn off Ad Personalization
Once you've turned off personalization, Google will no longer use your info to personalize your ads. Ads can still be targeted with info like your general location or the content of the website you’re visiting.
You can also turn off personalization for your browser by installing the Interest-Based Ads Opt Out extension.
What doesn't change
Blocking a Google ad or turning off ad personalization can't:
- Stop all ads: If you turn off personalization, Google ads will use info like your general location or the content of the website you’re visiting.
- Change other networks' ads: Your Google ad settings don’t change other ad networks.
- Update your settings on signed-out devices: Learn how to get your ad preferences on all your devices.
- Keep your signed-out preferences without cookies: If you delete your cookies or use a browser that blocks cookies, your ad settings won’t apply.
- To clear your cookies without losing your settings, install the Protect My Choices extension.