The package name of an Android app uniquely identifies your app on the device, in Google Play Store, and in supported third-party Android stores.
Google Play Store
You can find an app's package name in the URL of your app’s Google Play Store listing. For example, the URL of an app page is
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.example.app123. The app's package name is
When you set up an app in AdMob, your AdMob app will use the same package name as your Google Play app if you link the app to the Play Store. If your app shares the same package name in other third-party stores, make sure you also select those stores when setting up your app in AdMob. If you use a different package name for the app on other Android stores, we recommend you create a separate AdMob app for each.
Other supported Android stores
At this time, AdMob supports the Amazon Appstore, OPPO App Market, Samsung Galaxy Store, VIVO App Store, and Xiaomi GetApps.
For these stores, the package name can be found in the AndroidManifest.xml file of the Android app APK. Note that for some stores such as Amazon, the app ID is not the same as the package name.
For additional help finding your app’s package name, refer to your third-party app store’s documentation. Package names and format can vary between stores. When setting up your app in AdMob, package names are case-sensitive and must exactly match the package name in the app stores.
Learn more about package names.
When you set up an app in AdMob, you must add a package name. Package names are critical for ad serving. If you need to change your app’s package name after you enter it, you can update it from the App settings page:
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Apps in the sidebar.
- Select the name of the app.
- Click App settings.
- In the App store details section, click .
- Click Clear store details.
- If your app is listed in Google Play, search for your app by app name, developer name, app ID, or app URL. Click Add next to the app you want to add. The package name will be automatically populated. Note: Select any other third-party stores your app is listed in before saving.
- If your app is only listed in supported third-party stores (not in Google Play), select the third-party stores. Click Edit and enter the package name. Then, click Apply.
- Click Save. Note that changing the store or package name may prompt an app readiness review and temporarily limit ad serving in the app.
- Click Confirm.
Note: If you change your package name and the prior package name was serving ads, it may temporarily appear in your Apps to confirm page.
Additionally, if you haven’t set up your app in AdMob with the package name, but the package name is serving ads, you may also see this app in your Apps to confirm page. You can finish setting up the app from the Apps to confirm page or add the package name to an existing app using the steps above.