When an ad match is found using the Ad review center's image search, the source of the ad will be listed in the search results. Sources can be one of the following:
- Select Open Bidding ad sources
- AdX Exchange
Review the table below for details on each supported identifiable source.
|Supported file formats||How to block||Limitations|
|Open Bidding ad source||
Note: You must upload an original PNG if you want to see matches from Open Bidding ad sources. Learn more.
Click on the ad in the ad match results to see what Open Bidding ad source provided the ad.
Contact the Open Bidding ad source directly to take action.
Only select Open Bidding ad sources can be identified using image search.
Note: You must upload an original PNG if you want to see matches from AdX Exchange. Learn more.
Click to block this ad match instance.
You can also view more details about the ad match, including what network served the ad, by clicking on the ad in the results.
|Review PNG guidelines.|
Note: You must upload an original PNG if you want to see matches from campaigns. Learn more.
|You can’t block ads from campaigns in the Ad review center.
||Review PNG guidelines.|
Use the following guidelines to ensure that your image can be used to accurately identify ad sources:
- Upload an original PNG file
- Don’t modify the screenshot after it was taken. However, you can crop the screenshot to the ad as long as the entire ad is still visible.
- Don’t convert an image to PNG (i.e. saving a JPG as a PNG)
Screenshots taken on Android devices are automatically saved as PNG.
For screenshots taken on iOS devices, use the following steps to save as a PNG:
- Take a screenshot.
- Click Save to photos.
- Open the Photos app and click on the screenshot.
- On the screenshot, click .
- Select the mail app.
- Send the image to yourself and select Actual Size for the image size, which will send the image as a PNG. Sending sizes other than Actual Size will send as JPG.
Only select Open Bidding ad sources can be identified with image search in the Ad review center. The following lists the Open Bidding ad sources that support image search: