Rewarded inventory policy
Publishers using Rewarded Inventory must follow all AdMob program policies and AdSense program policies with the exception of ‘Encouraging clicks’. Rewards from rewarded ads are transacted solely between the publisher and the user. Google does not grant or verify any rewards. Publishers wishing to fill rewarded inventory with Google ads will also be required to comply with the following policies:
Encouraging clicks with rewarded ads
Publishers may not ask others to click their ads or use deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. This includes, but is not limited to, offering monetary compensation to users for viewing ads or performing searches, promising to raise money for third parties for such behavior or placing misleading images next to individual ads.
In order to ensure a good experience for users and advertisers, publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory may not:
- Offer monetary compensation or offers that can be converted into real money as part of the defined reward.
- Encourage users to engage with rewarded ads using phrases that indicate the ad engagement will help the publisher directly, such as “support us” or similar language.
- Place misleading images alongside individual ads.
- Place ads in a floating box script.
- Format ads so that they become indistinguishable from other content on that page.
- Format site content so that it is difficult to distinguish it from ads.
- Place misleading labels above Google ad units. For instance, ads may be labelled "Sponsored Links" or "Advertisements", but not "Favorite Sites" or "Today's Top Offers".
Additional requirements for rewarded ads
- Rewarded ads may only be served after a user affirmatively opts to view a rewarded ad. Additionally, a user must opt to view each rewarded ad individually and cannot opt-in to automatically seeing rewarded ads.
- Rewarded inventory may only receive rewarded ads. Rewarded ads may only serve to rewarded inventory.
- Unavailable rewards: Publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory may not:
- Offer a reward that cannot be redeemed;
- Offer a “chance” for a reward (e.g., “Click this ad for a chance to win 10 extra points”);
- Fail to deliver the reward to the user upon completion of the required task.
- Reward description requirements: Publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory must clearly and accurately disclose the following:
- The required action (e.g., “Watch this video ad to receive 100 gold coins”);
- The in-app reward for completion of the action (e.g., “Watch this video ad to receive 100 gold coins”). Note that the reward must be redeemable from within the site or app where the rewarded ad was placed.
- Non-transferability of reward: Publishers placing Google ads within rewarded inventory may not offer rewards which can be transferred to another user.