Frequency capping lets you limit the number of times your ads appear to the same person. When you enable frequency capping for a campaign, you specify a limit to the number of impressions you'll allow per day, per week, or per month for an individual ad or a campaign. Setting a frequency cap can be helpful if you want to limit the number of times someone sees your ad, or if you want to focus more on gaining exposure to new people.
Note: Consider the following:
- A change to frequency capping, such as a change from a cap of two to three, can take up to a day to take effect.
- A slight server delay can result in the frequency cap that you've set being exceeded.
- For iOS campaigns, we recommend that your campaign only includes ad units from the same app to ensure accurate frequency capping.
Frequency capping may be applied to each ad or campaign.
Set up frequency capping
Complete the following steps to enable frequency capping for campaigns.
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Campaigns in the sidebar.
- Click the name of the campaign in the table.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click beside Frequency capping.
- Select Set limit on viewable impressions.
- Enter the number of impressions your ad or campaign is allowed to generate per user
- Select a period of time: per day, per week, or per month
- Select the level at which to apply the cap: this campaign, or each ad
- Click Save.