Ad review center & blocking controls
Find ads in the ad review center
The Ad review center, offers several features to help you find specific ads to review and block.
Filter or search
The search box at the top of the Ad review center lets you restrict which ads you see, for example, by language, ad type, ad size, etc.
To filter or search for ads:
- Type in the search box or click the search box and select a filter.
You can choose from the following filtering options:
- Text: Find ads with matching ad text or destination URLs.
- Publisher domain Filter ads based on which of your apps they appeared in.
- Newest ads: Search for ads that have appeared in your apps in the last 1, 3, or 7 days.
- Ad network: Search for ads from a specific ad network.
- Language: Filter based on the language that has been detected for ads. To determine ad language, we look at various factors including the landing page of the ad as well as its content, which means you might see ads with images or text in a different language to the one you filtered on. The list is ordered by the percentage of ads in each language.
For example, let's say you have ads in five languages (English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Japanese), and the distribution totals for each language are: English (20), Spanish (40), Italian (25), Portuguese (5), and Japanese (10). The list would then display the languages in the following (descending) order: Spanish, Italian, English, Japanese, and Portuguese.
- Size: Filter based on the size of the ads shown in your apps. The list is ordered by the percentage of ads of each size.
- Ad type: Filter by image, text, or rich media ads.
- Click string: Search for ads based on their tracking URL or click string. You'll need to find the ad's click string first.
Note that some filtering options are hidden until you start typing in the search box and we determine what you're searching for.
You can use the Ad review center's image search function to help you find and review image ads, including Flash-based creatives. For example, you could upload a picture of a competitor's logo and use it to search for image ads containing their logo.
To search for ads that match an image:
- Click .
- Drag or upload your image.
Your image can be a maximum of 2MB in size, and its largest dimension should be less than or equal to 1024 pixels. The supported image file formats are: JPEG, GIF and PNG.
- Click Search.
The Ad review center will find any ads that are a visual match for your image.
The Ad review center also offers the ability to find related ads. Ads are considered related if they have a similar destination page, or are connected by a similar subject (e.g., a brand, a person, an object etc.).
To view related ads:
- Hover over an ad and click Find related ads.
Any related ads found will appear in a filtered page labeled "Related ads". From here, you can choose to either click Block all or Mark all as reviewed.