Partner bidding enables you to access Google demand as a bidding source on supported third-party mediation platforms. Previously, you could only use standard ad units to access Google demand via traditional waterfall mediation in third-party platforms.
With partner bidding, you can now allow Google (Google Ads, Display & Video 360) to bid on your inventory in third-party real-time bidding auctions - even if you do not use AdMob as your mediation platform.
When you set up a partner bidding ad unit in AdMob, Google (Google Ads, Display & Video 360) can bid on your inventory in third-party auctions. Note that you’ll see Google (Google Ads, Display & Video 360) as “Google bidding” in your third-party platforms.
Note: You can’t reuse your existing standard ad units. You must create a new partner bidding ad unit in order to access Google demand through real-time bidding on third-party mediation platforms.
Ads will not serve if you use a standard ad unit for Google bidding.
The following steps will help you create a new partner bidding ad unit in your AdMob account, then you’ll need to implement it in your third-party mediation platform.
- Sign in to your AdMob account at https://apps.admob.com.
- Click Apps in the sidebar.
- Select the name of the app you're creating this ad unit for. If you can't find it in the list of recent apps, you can click Add app to add a new app or click View all apps to search a list of all of the apps you've added to AdMob.
- Click Ad units in the sidebar.
- Click Get started. If you've already created ad units for this app, click Add ad unit.
- Select the ad format you'd like to use for the partner bidding ad unit.
Note: The following formats are available to use with partner bidding: Banner, Interstitial, Native, and Rewarded.
Enter a name for this ad unit. Tip: Include relevant information, such as ad format and location in your app to make it easier to identify later.
- Check the checkbox next to Partner bidding to use this ad unit for bidding on a third-party mediation platform.
Note: When you create an ad unit for partner bidding, you won't be able to use the ad unit in an AdMob mediation group or campaign. Google may be required to pay a fee to the partner mediation platform.
You won’t be able to change this setting after you create the ad unit.
- Click Create ad unit.
Follow the instructions from your third-party mediation platform to implement partner bidding ad units. You will need your app ID and ad unit ID during implementation to enable Google as a bidding source in your third-party platform.
Also note that your app must be reviewed and approved in AdMob before a partner bidding ad unit can serve ads.