Ad inspector is a feature included with the Google Mobile Ads SDK (version 20.0.0 or later for Android, 7.68.0 or later for iOS). It provides useful serving insights and third-party ad source testing in real time. No coding required.
With a simple gesture, such as a shake or flick of your test device, ad inspector is displayed on top of your apps as an overlay. Using ad inspector, you can:
- Inspect your ad units
- Check whether your ads are filling as expected
- Identify errors and view details about how to resolve
- View the mediation waterfall details per request
- Check the status of your third-party ad source SDK adapter
- Test individual third-party waterfall ad sources
- Verify that you’ve correctly configured the ad source for mediation
- Check how each of your ad sources are performing per ad unit
- Test custom event integrations
To use ad inspector, you must:
- Install and initialize the latest Google Mobile Ads SDK (version 20.0.0 or later for Android, 7.68.0 or later for iOS).
To view bidding details in ad inspector, you must install version 20.2.0+ for Android and version 8.5.0+ for iOS.
- Set up a test device and select the gesture you’d like to use to invoke ad inspector on your device. Learn how to add a test device.
- On your test device, open your app and begin interacting with the app. This ensures that there are enough ad requests for you to analyze. Note that you may see a set of ad requests even on app start if you've implemented ad caching on your app.
- After interacting with your app on your test device, invoke ad inspector by using the gesture you selected in Step 2.