For your site(s), app(s), or video(s) to succeed with Ad Manager, it should have unique content that's relevant to your visitors and provides a great user experience.
Before you sign up for Ad Manager, we recommend you review your content to ensure it is in good shape.
Ad Manager on websites
What's special about your pages?
With lots of sites out there already, you’ll want to create unique, original, and relevant content that keeps users engaged and encourages them to read more.
- Consider the arrangement of the elements (text, images, and so forth) on your pages. Your layout should look inviting and visitors should be able to find what they're looking for. Check out this post on the AdSense blog for tips: Refining your website’s user experience in 3 steps.
- Consider providing a comment section for your visitors. Feedback from users who've used your site and read your content can really help you to improve your site as it grows.
Do your pages have clear navigation?
An accessible navigation bar (or menu bar) is a key part of providing a good user experience. When building your navigation bar, consider:
- Alignment - are all the elements lined up correctly?
- Readability - is the text clear and understandable?
- Functionality - do your drop-down lists work correctly?
For more information, see the AdSense user experience guidelines on employing a clear structure to guide users.
Do your pages have unique and interesting content?
Valuable and original content is paramount to building a strong and loyal user base. When users enjoy your content, they share the experience with others, and this in turn helps you to grow your site. For tips and advice, see this post on the AdSense blog: Creating outstanding website content in 3 steps.
You should take care when using external resources such as articles on other sites or embedded videos. It's really important that you contribute your own original content, whether it's specialist knowledge, improvement ideas, reviews, or your personal thoughts. As stated in the Google Publisher Policies, Google ads may not be placed on sites with scraped or copyrighted content. This is a policy violation and could lead to you having your ads disabled or your account closed.
For more information on good practices for your site, see the Spam policies for Google web search.
Ad Manager on apps
Create a high quality, engaging app
To provide users with a meaningful and lasting experience, you should offer the proper variety and depth of content for your users, and avoid doing anything that may negatively impact a user’s ability to engage with your app.
Read best practices from The Google Play Store, which apply to both iOS and Android applications.
Ad Manager in video
Just as ads appear on your TV during a show, video ads serve during videos that play on your site. If you already serve videos, these ads are a great way to increase revenue.
Ready for Ad Manager?
When you're happy with your answers to these questions and you've received an invitation, you can sign up for Ad Manager.