Have Google scan your page and automatically create a native ad that blends in with the look and feel of your content. This is helpful if you want to get started serving native ads but don’t have the resources to design your own native styles.
Simply enter the URL and device of a page that contains feeds, select a relevant section in the scan results, and Google will create a matching style. You can then update the style’s settings as needed. As the goal of native is to have ads blend in with organic content, we also identify optimal locations for your native ads, which may fall outside your currently used ad slots. This may require ad tagging or server-side changes for some publishers.
Only the Fluid size is supported for this feature: The Fluid size is more aligned with this automated option because it will automatically change the ad slot size as needed. To select other ad sizes, disable the Let Google suggest an in-feed style option.
Automatically create a native style
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Delivery Native.
- Click New native ad.
- Click Select in the “Guided design editor” box.
The “Choose your path” page appears.
- Keep the default selection of "Customizable for in-feed."
- Enable Let Google suggest an in-feed style.
- In the “URL where the native ad may appear” field, enter the URL of a representative page where the native ad will serve.
Make sure to enter a URL with feeds.
- Under “Device to scan page from,” select the type of device to use when we scan the page.
We’ll style the ad based on your site and device: Mobile Small (device width 375px), Mobile Large (411px), or Desktop (1280px). If you have mobile and desktop versions of your site, you may want to create a separate native ad for each version.
- Click Scan page.
- The scan results appear on the left side. You’ll see a screenshot of your site with the potential slots highlighted.
- If Google was unable to suggest a style, learn why.
- On the left side, select a highlighted slot that has the desired look and feel of your native ad.
The preview of the suggested style appears on the right side.
- The “Standard format” dropdown shows the optimal formats for your suggested style. Update if needed. Possible formats:
- Content or Video content: Produces ads that allow for a generic combination of text, images, and/or video that covers a broad scope.
- App install or Video app install: Produces ads that promote and drive installs or another action on mobile apps and mobile web.
- Click Continue and update the style settings if needed.
- Click Continue and target your native ad.
- Click Save and finish.