Create ads.txt/app-ads.txt in Ad Manager
You can create ads.txt/app-ads.txt files for your network on Ad Manager. Ad Manager generates content for the file based on seller information for your network, provides validation of file syntax, and enables you to view which sellers are authorized to sell your inventory.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Ads.txt management.
To view this page, your Ad Manager network must have at least one linked Ad Exchange account and your user must be assigned to a role with the "Ads.txt management" permission enabled.
- Decide whether to create a file for web or apps.
- Click the Web ads.txt tab to create an ads.txt file for web and then click Create an ads.txt file.
- Click the app-ads.txt tab to create an app-ads.txt file for apps and then click Create an app-ads.txt file.
- In the dialog window, review the automatically generated text that Google provides.
Each row represents a separate seller account that can be authorized to sell your inventory. To omit a seller and remove its authorization, delete the row containing its information from the dialog window. Learn how to validate ads.txt/app-ads.txt syntax.Our ads.txt/app-ads.txt generator can only supply information for Google seller accounts. If you work with other SSPs/exchanges, you're responsible for adding information from seller accounts on those exchanges to ensure that queries on those domains are authorized.
By default, automatically generated rows may include a value of '
DIRECT' in field #3, indicating that there's a direct relationship with the seller account. If you don't own and operate the domain, update this value to '
You are responsible for ensuring your ads.txt/app-ads.txt file is correct and up to date. We provide syntax validation, but cannot prevent you from uploading a file that is incorrectly formatted or contains unlinked accounts.
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Copy text to clipboard to copy the text and paste it into your own ads.txt/app-ads.txt file.
- Download ads.txt file or Download app-ads.txt file to download it as a new text (.txt) file.
- Send the file to your webmaster and have them upload it to your root domain (for example,
- After 24 hours, ensure the ads.txt/app-ads.txt file can be crawled.
- Check back regularly to review the authorization status of your domains.