Regulate requests with pretargeting
As an exchange, you can decide what display and video requests to receive with pretargeting. This information is shared with publishers so they understand the types of requests you want to receive.
Types of pretargeting
- Ad Manager publishers
Choose which Ad Manager publisher networks can send you Open Bidding requests.
Choose whether you only want to receive Open Bidding requests from users in particular countries.
Choose whether you require a hosted match table entry, cookie, or mobile advertising ID in requests.
Set up a pretargeting configuration
- Sign in to the Open Bidding interface for exchanges.
- Click Bidder settings > Pretargeting.
- Click Edit .
- Set status to Active so you receive requests.
- (optional) Enter a daily budget in your account currency to cap your spend. This value should be a whole number.
- Include or exclude targeting criteria to specify which requests you want to receive. This targeting is revealed to publishers.
By default you'll receive an RTB callout for every publisher ad request. The criteria included or excluded within the "Ad Manager publishers," "Geography," and "User-identifiers" categories narrow the requests you receive.
Selecting multiple criteria within the same category results in
ORlogic. For example, include the "United States" and "Canada" criteria in the "Geography" category to receive requests that are either from the United States or Canada.
Selecting multiple criteria across different categories results in
ANDlogic. For example, include "Hosted match table entry present" in the "User-identifiers" category, and include the "United States" and "Canada" criteria in the "Geography" category to receive requests with a hosted match table entry and from either from the United States or Canada.
- Click Save.