Learn how to implement ad units as sticky ads
To improve viewability and ad performance, some publishers may choose to implement their ad units as "sticky ads." A sticky ad is a persistent/fixed ad unit that stays visible while the user scrolls content on the page up or down.
If you use sticky ad units for display, you must set up rules that declare their existence. Learn more about the guidelines and restrictions for implementing sticky ads.
Publisher declarations apply to Open Auctions, Private Auctions, First Look, and Open Bidding.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Inventory Inventory rules Publisher declarations.
- Click the Display inventory type.
- Click New display publisher declaration.
- Enter a name for your declaration.
- Decide which inventory to include or exclude in your targeting.
- Expand one of the targeting sections, such as "Inventory."
- To include selections to the targeting criteria, hold the pointer over the item and click Include .
- To exclude selections in the targeting criteria, hold the pointer over the item and click Exclude .
- The selected items appear in the right column of the targeting table.
- To remove a selection, click Remove to the right of the selection.
- Under Sticky ads, select a checkbox to indicate that the selected inventory serves either vertical or horizontal sticky ads.
- Vertical sticky ads are portrait-shaped ad units that persist on the sides of the page.
- Top horizontal sticky ads are landscape-shaped ad units that persist at the top of the page.
- Bottom horizontal sticky ads are landscape-shaped ad units that persist at the bottom of the page.
- Click Save.