Unlink creative from a creative template
When you unlink a creative from a creative template, you create a custom creative based on the custom template. Once you unlink from a creative template, you have access to the snippet code, which would not otherwise be possible; you can then make edits to the code without affecting the original template or any creatives on which it's based. This can be useful if you want to:
- Add code to a creative built off of a creative template for a specific occasion.
- Benefit from building creatives based on a template, but want to detach from the template to prevent future changes to the template from affecting existing creatives.
To unlink a creative from its template
You can only unlink a creative from its template upon initial creation, but not after it's been saved.
- Create a custom creative—from either a user-defined or system-defined template.
- Select the Unlink from creative template checkbox.
- Make your selections within the template.
- Click Save. The creative is saved as a custom creative. You can now make edits to the code snippet. Any changes to the creative template code will not transfer over to these creatives.