Only available in Google Ad Manager 360
Audience Solutions is a Google Ad Manager 360 feature which might not be enabled for your network.
If you use Audience Extension, you have the option of buying additional impressions based on your first-party audience segments via Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360.
Before linking accounts
- Work with your sales representative to establish the correct Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account for Audience Extension.
- Work with your Ad Manager support contact to have Audience Extension enabled for your Ad Manager network. After this step is performed, your Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account can be linked to your Ad Manager network.
- You must be an active user, with the same email address in the account specified for linking in Ad Manager and Display & Video 360.
To link accounts, you need to work with someone in your organization whose user role in Ad Manager is set to "Administrator" and who has access to the Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Global settings.
- In the "Linked accounts" section, click the edit link next to the relevant Ad Exchange account.
- If the audience segment isn't enabled, the "Audience segments sharing" toggle is in the "off" position to indicate "Segments not shared". To enable sharing, switch the toggle to the "on" position and click Update.
- If the audience segment is enabled, the "Audience segments sharing" toggle is in the "on" position to indicate "Segments shared".
- After enabling this feature, access the relevant account in Ad Exchange to confirm that Ad Manager first-party segments have been shared.
- Ad Exchange rules: "Audience" should appear as a targeting criterion under any rule type except "Channels" and "Ad styles & backup ads".
- Deals: "Audience" should appear as a targeting criterion under "Preferred deals" and "Private auctions".
- Click the Audience link in any of these locations to view the first-party audience segments created in Ad Manager.
- Ad Manager shares only first-party audience segments with Ad Exchange. To target third-party audience segments, you need to target them in an Ad Exchange line item in Ad Manager.
- Targeted first-party segments must contain at least 100 members (for larger lists), or 150 members (for smaller lists) in order for line items to serve to members of the segment. Learn more about requirements for first-party segments
- PPIDs added to audience segments cannot be used for Audience Extension.
Once your Ad Manager account has been linked to your Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account, segments created in Ad Manager are available for use in these products. It may take approximately 24 hours for the segments to appear in Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360.
Link statuses specific to sharing first-party Audience Solutions segments
- Segments not shared: This status appears after your Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account has been approved, indicating that you can share your first-party Ad Exchange segments with Ad Manager.
- Segment sharing not possible: This status appears immediately after you've linked an Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account, and until your account has been approved.
- Segment sharing status unknown: This status appears if there is a problem linking your Ad Exchange or Display & Video 360 account with your Ad Manager account. For more details, talk to your account manager.