Refresh rate for ads in mobile apps
The refresh rate determines how often a new ad impression is generated on a mobile app. You can choose not to refresh ads or to refresh every 30 to 120 seconds. We recommended that you have ads persist for 60 seconds or longer, depending on the functionality of your app. Our internal tests have shown that this ensures users have enough time to engage with ads, providing the best performance for both advertisers and publishers.
No. This feature is only for mobile app inventory.
Set the refresh rate in ad unit settings
The default value is No refresh. If you select Refresh rate in seconds, Ad Manager will auto-populate a value of 60, which you can change to any value between 30 and 120 seconds.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Inventory Ad units.
- Select your ad unit from the list.
- Click edit next to "Refresh rate" and change the value.
- Click Save.
Keep in mind
- For ad units eligible for dynamic allocation, ads can have a refresh rate, as long as it's declared in Ad Exchange (not declaring a refresh rate constitutes a policy violation); or they can be set to No refresh.
- If you set a refresh rate for a parent ad unit, that setting doesn't propagate to the child ad units under the parent. You need to set a refresh rate for each child ad unit individually.
- This feature will refresh ads from all demand sources. Ensure that the refresh rate you choose is in compliance with the policies for any indirect sources of demand that you're trafficking.