The Ad review center offers several features to help you find specific Ad Exchange ads to review and block. First follow these steps to access the Ad review center, and then choose from the options below.
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Delivery Creatives Ad review center.
- Click the appropriate inventory type, for example, Display or Video and audio.
- Click the tab for the ads you’re looking for. For example, if you want to find ads that have already appeared on your site but haven't been reviewed yet, select Unreviewed.
The Ad review center only includes ads from Ad Exchange. This does not include other exchanges or Open Bidding partners.
The search box at the top of the Ad review center lets you restrict which ads you see, for example, by language, ad type, ad size, etc.
To filter or search for ads, type in the search box or click the search box and select a filter.
You can choose from the following filtering options:
- Text: Find ads with matching ad text or destination URLs.
- Ad Response ID: The Ad Response ID is the value in the
responseIdentifierfield, which is the unique identifier of an ad response. The
responseIdentifierfield could be an error, an ad, or a mediation response. Ad Response IDs are available to look up in the Ad review center for 7 days. Learn how to retrieve the Ad Response ID on the Google Developers site for Android and iOS.
- Publisher deal: Filter ads by publisher deal by entering the deal ID.
- Publisher domain Filter ads based on the inventory where they served.
- Publisher application (NEW!): Filter ads based on which of your apps they appeared in.
- Newest ads: Search for ads that have served to your inventory from within the last 30 days.
- Ad network: Search for ads from a specific ad network.
Language: Filter based on the language that has been detected for ads. To determine ad language, we look at various factors including the landing page of the ad as well as its content, which means you might be served ads with text or audio in a different language from the filter you selected. The list is ordered by the percentage of ads in each language.
You have ads in five languages (English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Japanese), and the distribution totals for each language are: English (20), Spanish (40), Italian (25), Portuguese (5), and Japanese (10). The list would then display the languages in the following (descending) order: Spanish, Italian, English, Japanese, and Portuguese.
- Size: Filter based on the size of the ads shown on your site. The list is ordered by the percentage of ads of each size. Audio ads appear as the "Audio" ad size.
- Ad type: Filter by image, text or rich media ads.
Some filtering options are hidden and may not appear until you begin typing in the search field.
You can use the Ad review center's image search function to help you find and review image ads. For example, you could upload a picture of a competitor's logo and use it to search for image ads containing their logo.
To search for ads that match an image:
- Click Search by image .
Drag or upload your image.
- Click Search.
During the search, Ad review center may find ad matches, as well as visual matches, for the ad you're searching for. Ads will be labeled as ad or visual matches in the search results.
An ad match is the instance of the ad you uploaded. Search finds the ad you uploaded based on the ad and time it served. Ad Manager then allows you to block it, or lets you know the source of the ad.
An ad match may or may not be visually exact to the uploaded ad. Blocking the ad match can prevent it from showing in your app, however it may still serve from your other ad sources.
- A visual match is an ad that is visually exact or very similar to the uploaded ad you're searching for, but may or may not be an exact ad match.
Image search supports most file types and ad types, but might not always return all available images ads.
The Ad review center also offers the ability to find related ads. Ads are considered related if they have a similar destination page, or are connected by a similar subject (e.g., a brand, a person, an object etc.).
To view related ads, hover over an ad and click Find related ads. Any related ads found will appear in a filtered page labeled "Related ads". From here, you can choose to either click Block all or Mark all as reviewed.