You can share an encrypted top-page URL across iframes that have Google Publisher Tag (GPT). This makes the top-page URL shareable across embedded Google ad tags in iframes for content labeling purposes, which improves inventory visibility to advertisers who only buy from sites with brand-safe labels.
Example of how top-page URL sharing works
- A publisher has a page with a top URL of example.com. This top-level page has Google Publisher Tag (GPT).
- The publisher embeds third-party iframes within sub-pages under the top URL.
- A third party wants to monetize the content within the iframe, so they add a GPT tag.
- With GPT top-page URL sharing enabled, the top URL of example.com can be shared between Google ad tags on the same page.
Control top-page URL sharing
GPT top-page URL sharing is enabled by default. When you turn it off in network settings, the top-page URL for ad requests from the cross-origin iframes on that page are limited to domain part-only URL.
Follow these steps to turn off top-page URL sharing:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin Global settings Network settings.
- Under "Ad serving settings," turn off the GPT top-page URL sharing slider.
- Click Save.