This feature is only available to networks with a dedicated Google account manager, and might not be enabled for your network. Contact your account manager for more information. If you do not have an account manager, your network is not eligible for this feature.
Video and audio ad tags contain all the information required for an ad request, including information about the master ad and optional companion ads.
VAST ad tags support both https and http URLs. Impression and VAST tracking URLs respect the SSL setting and return either https or http, as appropriate. Click-through and click-tracking are http since they redirect from another page.
To generate ad tags for video and audio ad units:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Inventory Ad units.
- Click on an existing video and audio ad unit and click Tags.
Complete the 4-step process and click Continue after each step.
Select Google Publisher Tag for Video and Audio.
- To create an ad tag for live stream video, enable Live traffic to ensure the ability to handle heavy live traffic volumes, where all ad breaks are delivered at the same time.
- Select a player SDK type.
Additional ad tag URL parameters Define options or targeting parameters to be included in the tag. You can learn more about the required and custom parameters for VAST tag URLs ad tags.
[placeholder]values must be dynamically populated by the video player making the ad request and replaced with a correct value.
- Copy the ad tag.