Follow these steps to create an IDFA message that is shown immediately before your iOS ATT alert:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Privacy & messaging.
- Click IDFA.
- Click Create message. A placeholder for the iOS ATT alert message is displayed.
- Select the apps in which this message will be displayed:
- Click Select apps.
- Select the desired apps.
- Click Confirm.
- Select the languages in which this message will be displayed:
- Default language: The message is shown in the default language when the user’s device language cannot be determined, or when the user’s device language doesn't adequately match the selected “Additional languages.”
- Additional languages: The message can be shown to users in any of the “Additional languages” that match the user’s device language. Languages you select here should match the languages in which your site is available. You can edit the message text for each of the "Additional languages."
If you select “Dutch” in the “Additional languages” field, a user whose device language is set to Dutch will be shown the Dutch version of the IDFA explainer message.
- In the "Message name" field, enter a descriptive message name that will help you identify the message later. The name is shown only in the Privacy & messaging page and won't be visible to users.
- (Optional) Edit and format the message to match your site's editorial and visual standards.
- When you’re ready, click Publish to publish the message or click Save draft to save a draft version of the message that you can publish later.
Once published, the IDFA explainer message (or your EU consent message) is automatically shown to your users immediately before the iOS ATT alert. Learn about which message your users will see
If you don't want the iOS ATT alert to be triggered, unpublish the message.