If there’s suspicious activity in your Google Account or we detect that your password has been stolen, we may ask you to change your password. By changing your password, you help make sure that only you can use your account.
Help secure your account immediately
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- You’ll be asked to choose a new password. Create a strong password that you don’t use for any other services.
- Help secure your account more.
Asked to change your password multiple times
- Clear your cache and cookies.
- If you keep getting asked to change your password, someone may be trying to get into your account using harmful software. We strongly recommend that you:
- Update your anti-virus software and use it to scan your computer
- Remove unwanted software or malware