To help protect your account, we may ask you to verify it’s you. You can easily verify it’s you through simple ways that unlock your Android device.
Screen lock options
If you’ve set up a screen lock on your Android device, you can use it to verify it’s you. Screen lock options include:
- Pattern: Draw a simple pattern with your finger.
- Pin: Enter 4 or more numbers.
- Password: Enter a combination of 4 or more letters, numbers, or characters.
- Fingerprint: Touch your finger to a sensor.
Fingerprint not recognized
You can only verify it’s you with your fingerprint that already unlocks your device. Make sure you’re using the same finger you normally use to unlock your device.
If you’re using the correct finger, make sure that:
- Your finger is clean and dry.
- The fingerprint sensor isn't covered and is unobstructed.
- The fingerprint sensor is clean. If it’s dirty, you can clean it with a lens wipe or a soft, clean cloth.
Screen lock didn’t work
If you lose your internet connection while trying to verify it’s you, your screen lock won’t work. Make sure you have a consistent internet connection while you use your screen lock to verify it’s you.
Tap Try another way to choose a different method to verify it’s you.