Verify your Google Account
When you create a Google Account, we'll send a verification link to the email address you used to create the account. If you don't verify your address, you may not be able to access certain Google products or features.
Verify your account
To verify your account,
- Shortly after you create the account, you'll get an email from Google. Open it and click the link inside.
- If you haven't gotten the email yet, click here.
- To see if your account is verified, sign into My Account. You'll see a message asking you to verify your account.
Note: If you added Gmail when creating your Google Account, you won't receive a verification email.
Sign up with a Yahoo! address
If you use a Yahoo! email address to sign up for a Google Account, you'll have the option of verifying that address by signing into Yahoo! with your Yahoo! email address and password.
- Go to Create your Google account.
- Under "Choose your username," click I prefer to use my current email address.
- Enter your Yahoo! email address, including any address ending in yahoo.com, ymail.com, or rocketmail.com.
- Click Next step.
- Read the "Privacy and Terms" on the next page and click I agree.
- Follow the link in the verification email sent to your Yahoo! address.
fNote: This safe, secure verification is possible because Google and yahoo.com support OpenID, which helps you verify that it's really you on participating websites.
Note: Always check the address (URL) of any page asking for your username or password to make sure it can be trusted. Google will never ask for your username or password in an email, and you should never disclose personal information such as your sign-in credentials, bank information, or credit card number over email.