Control what activity gets saved to your account
You can use your Activity controls to choose what kinds of activity are saved to your Google Account. These settings apply on all devices that are signed in to your account.
You can change these settings and view or delete your saved activity at any time.
Activity that can be saved
Your Activity controls let you decide whether or not to save these types of activity:
- Web & App Activity saves your search activity on apps and browsers to make searches faster and give you customized experiences in Search, Maps, and other Google products. You can also choose to save your Chrome browsing history and activity from websites and apps that use Google services.
- Location History creates a private map of where you go with your signed-in devices to provide improved map searches, commute routes, and more.
- Device Information stores your contacts, calendars, apps, and other device data to improve your experience across Google.
- Voice & Audio Activity stores your voice and audio inputs (for example, your "Ok Google" commands) to help recognize your voice and improve speech recognition.
- YouTube search history stores your YouTube searches to make your future searches faster and improve your recommendations.
- YouTube watch history makes it easier for you to find your recently watched videos on YouTube and improves your recommendations.
Change what activity gets saved
You can change these settings to control most of the activity that's saved to your account.
- Go to the Activity controls section of your Google Account.
- Turn a type of activity on or off.
View or delete activity
- Go to the My Activity section of your Google Account.
- Browse the list to see your activity. To find a certain activity, at the top, use the search bar and filters.
- Next to an activity, click More . You can view its details or delete it.
When activity is saved
Activity is saved when you're signed in to your Google Account on any device. When an Activity control is turned on, Google may store information based on this setting.
Note: If you use more than one account at the same time, activity might get saved in your default account.
Learn more about the information we collect and how we use it to make our services work better for you.
When you use Google products and services, some of your data is kept in your Google Account. This includes when and how you use certain features.
Your use of products and services is saved, even if you delete the details of your activity or other items. For example: after you delete a search from My Activity, your account will store the fact that you searched for something, but not what you searched for.
- Prevent spam and abuse
- Improve products and services, and develop new ones
- Understand how different products and features impact each other
- Get business insights, like how many people use certain products or features and for how long
This data is saved as long as it's relevant to meet uses like those above. If you delete your account, this data is removed from it.
Learn more about the data Google collect and why.
Nick is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about how to improve it.