Confirm your identity using your Android device
If you're signing in from a different location than you usually do, we may ask you to enter a code that you get from your Android phone or tablet to make sure that you own the account.
You don't need an Internet connection or phone/SMS connectivity to get codes.
- Get your Android phone or tablet.
- Find your Google Settings in one of these places (depending on your device):
- In your main Settings app , scroll down and tap Google.
- Open a separate app called Google Settings .
- Scroll down and tap Security Security code.
- You may need to select the account.
- You'll see an 8-digit code. Enter the code in the box on the screen of the device you want to sign in to.
- Click Continue.
Ashley is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.