Confirm your identity using your Android device
If you're signing in from a different location than you usually do, we may ask you to enter a code that you get from your Android phone or tablet. This helps make sure that you own the account.
You don't need an Internet connection or phone/SMS connectivity to get codes.
- On your Android phone or tablet, find your Google Settings. Depending on your device, either:
- In your main Settings app , scroll down and tap Google.
- Open a separate app called Google Settings .
- Tap Security Security code.
- If needed, select the account.
- You'll see an 8-digit code.
- On the screen of the device you want to sign in to, enter the code. Click Continue.
Ashley is an Accounts expert and the author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about how to improve it.